Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

06 May 2010

Redirecting the Snark

I've noticed that I'm much more likely to make fun of myself these days. A lot of it stems from a private commentary that my dear friend sent me via email, because he didn't really want to split it up and post it as comments for the appropriate entries. He pointed out that, for a while, I made fun of boys and dating quite a bit. Which is true. Granted, that field is ripe for picking all year round and there's just so much to choose from that it's hard to not take advantage of it.

However, there are plenty of ways to make a point and I'm growing more interested in making things a little more personal. Sarcasm is easy. Honesty is tougher and requires a little bit more courage.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not going to get all touchy-feely, "let's hold hands and sing kumbaya together" or anything. That's just not me. But my stories will be less about other people and more about me. A step, you might say, that reflects the person I'd prefer to be.

Besides, it's a blog by me. Not to be conceited or anything, but don't people read blogs because they want to hear about the person writing it? And after all, who wouldn't want to hear about me and my oh-so-glamorous life?

No comments: