Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

26 January 2013

To Sum Up

Oh hi! Yeah, I'm back. After a ridiculously long time. I hit one of those mental blocks where you know you should update your blog, but it's been so long that you have too much to catch up on, so you just keep putting it off and all the stuff you haven't caught up on keeps piling up.

So yeah. I haven't written.

To summarize:

I'm still employed at the Church. Yay! I'm losing count of how many times I'm 78% sure my contract is ending, only to have it renewed yet again. (Yes, I just made that percentage up.) But I still have a job, which means I can still afford to pay rent and buy food.

Speaking of rent. I have a new place! I mentioned it very briefly last time I wrote, which was two months ago. The novelty of having an apartment all to myself (okay, fine, I have a roommate, so not entirely to myself, but close enough) still hasn't worn off. Sometimes I just like to sit on my couch and soak in the fact that the furniture, decorations, and even the messy dishes in the sink are all mine. After living in the basement of someone else's house for over a year, I don't know if I'll ever get tired of having a space that's mine.

My family came out here for Christmas and I got to party it up with them. WHICH WAS AWESOME. On that note, my little sister is now living in Provo and working at a flower shop. It's great.

My best friend/college roommate is getting married in just a couple of weeks, and I threw her bridal shower last weekend. Here's the thing about that: I hate planning and/or hosting big parties. They seriously stress me out. Luckily, throwing a bridal shower for my friend wasn't that bad 1) because most of her friends out here are also my friends, so I didn't have to worry about entertaining complete strangers, 2) because I love her so darn much that it was easy to forget how much I dislike party planning, and 3) because our friends are freaking awesome and wanted to just get together and have fun. It wasn't all on my shoulders to keep them amused because they're pretty great at amusing themselves. Which makes them sound like five-year-olds. Whoops. ;)

So yeah. In a brief nutshell, that's what's been happening. Hopefully this helped break the writer's block my blog has suffered so badly from.

1 comment:

Qait said...

I SO relate with what you wrote here, "Sometimes I just like to sit on my couch and soak in the fact that the furniture, decorations, and even the messy dishes in the sink are all mine. After living in the basement of someone else's house for over a year, I don't know if I'll ever get tired of having a space that's mine."
It feels so good, doesn't it. :)

And um, were it not for the type of party we had, we probably COULD have been mistaken for 5-year-olds. Especially with the toilet paper.

You planned it so well that I thought you actually DID like that kind of thing, and I was definitely impressed (because I DON'T like planning that kind of thing).

But hey, if it's the same bunch of friends, I'll help you if you're in charge of planning the next one! :)

I think I'm making a super long comment to make up for not having a reason to comment on your blog for so long. :|

You summed up, I did NOT. Sorry!