Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

11 May 2013

A Few Trivia Items about Lynnae's Recent Activities

Thank goodness I haven't had another two-month lapse in writing on my blog, but seeing as how I use the fact that I keep this blog to justify not writing in my journal all that often, it might be a good idea if I actually post useful stuff on it. And by useful I mean personal.

So here are some little-known or at least less-well-known items of interest about my current personal life.

1. I'm rereading Harry Potter in my spare time. It's been a couple of years and I figured it was overdue. As a result, I bring it up more in casual conversation.

2. I'm still working for the Church. Sometimes I get bored with answering the "Are you still with the Church, then?" question, but it's understandable that I get asked that, considering how tenuously stable (yes, that is a deliberate oxymoron) my job is. Given that, I'm back to a slightly-less-stable employment status and so might need to start job hunting soon.

3. The prospect of job hunting honestly makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and sob. I seriously hate it.

4. Tied to that, I'm feeling an unexpected pang at the thought of leaving my job. A few months ago, I would have told you that I'd rather be working at McDonalds than stay with proofreading for my whole life. It's been surprising to realize that in the last couple of months, I've become extremely devoted and attached to my job. I genuinely love it, and the thought of leaving it makes me sad in a way that has nothing to do with the desire for employment stability and everything to do with the fact that I truly do like proofreading. Apparently proofreading is an acquired taste. After a year and a half of it, I've acquired the taste.

5. My roommate is graduated from college and relatively free for the summer, which also frees her up to help me with the dishes. This seems like a trivial thing (but wait, you're reading trivia about my personal life so... ha) but it means a lot to me. I like doing the dishes, but I don't love being the only one doing the dishes. Coming home to a rack of drying dishes that I didn't do is an instant mood-booster. (And suddenly I understand my mother's obsession [as my ten-year-old self saw it] with having us do the dishes so much better. Funny, the things that make sense as you age...)

6. Having my roommate free from schoolwork is nice in other ways, too. We're more likely to have people over, or just sit and talk, or go out and do something fun. Basically, I see her marginally more.

7. The relationship side of my life is no longer quite so broken. I'm not a huge flirt (I really did grow out of that phase a few years ago, so I don't think it'll ever come back), but I'm not afraid of boys anymore, either. Someone wants to bring boys to the party? Sure! Invite them over! Maybe I'll even talk to them!

8. I'm in the early planning stages of gearing up for a Lake Powell trip with my family this summer, which will be utterly awesome. I just need to figure out the bedding situation, because the roll-up blue mat I used last time felt like a bed of lumpy gnomes that liked to kick me in the kidneys.

9. I'm saving for a car (again) and hoping that my job stability allows for me to actually use my nest egg on a car instead of providing for me while I'm job hunting or moving, like it's done the last two times. Not that I resent that my savings covered those things, but it would be nice to finally actually get the thing I keep saving my money toward. Especially since I've reached the breaking point on how long I can put up with not having one.

10. All in all, I'm happy and content, and feeling surprisingly comfortable with just taking things as they come. After some long, hard, painful lessons, I've come to accept that I can't get what I want by angsting about it, so I don't.

1 comment:

Qait said...

"a bed of lumpy gnomes that liked to kick me in the kidneys" HAHAHA!!!
Awesome. You're hilarious, Lynnae. :D