Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

12 November 2011

Fluffy White Stuff

Why am I one of the only people I know who likes snow? I think it's beautiful. Especially since I grew up in the Midwest, where it gets hecka cold and hardly ever actually has snow. After years of wishing for snow to go with the cold (and discovering the delightful side effect that snow actually makes it a little bit warmer), I can't help but love the snow now.

Okay, except when it slushes into my shoes and soaks my feet. But my recent acquisition of proper snow boots should solve that problem.

Well, life is actually going pretty great. And when I say "life" I am of course referring to my social life, since "life" in the work sense has been on a perpetual high since September. And with that in mind, I bring you my list of things I'm grateful for today (because it's still November!)

- A really good friend I can talk to about anything. Our hot cocoa runs are the highlights of my week every time.
- Marathons of Chuck with new friends
- Having three places to be tonight and actually having to pick one. That's a problem I sometimes wish I had more often.
- A brand new phone that works so much better than my temperamental older one (don't worry. The number's still the same) that also happens to be a gorgeous shade of chocolate brown. Much more exciting than the blah grey it seemed to be online. Yes, I like the color brown. Deal with it.
- Getting a text on said new phone that said that Ender loves me because that's why he misses me. Almost word for word. Just change the pronouns. How cute is that? I love him, too.
- A bed that is utterly luxurious. I have the best sleep in the world (especially now that my pillow is back)
- The discovery of hot chocolate with cinnamon and pumpkin spice creamer. It's heaven in a cup.
- Going to Qait's next weekend
- The prospect of spending Thanksgiving with my family. I miss my mom's cooking. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since 2006. It's about time. :)

And that's all folks.

2 comments:

Flamel said...

I like snow!

Qait said...

:D I like snow, too!
Ender likes snow.
And he likes you. ;)