Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

24 January 2012

Falling Together

The Lord blesses those who work. I'm convinced of it. In light of my public vow to improve my time management, I instituted a bedtime, a morning alarm, a workout regimen, and a task-tracking system. That may sound like a lot all at once, but it's not as big of a change as it sounds. I'd already started working out, so I just needed to give it more structure. Other than that, the regular sleep and wake-up times have made the biggest difference.

And you know what was so cool? It's like the Lord was just sitting there waiting for me to get my butt in gear and really go to work, because things started falling into place for me all of a sudden. I was sending out resumes and messaging people I'd worked with. Literally within seconds of sending a message to one of the Ensign employees, that very employee called me up because he'd just heard of a temporary/contract position that needed to be filled. In a flurry of exchanged phone calls, I ended up setting up an interview and skills test for today, and I just got back from that. I also reconnected with an old friend whose connections to a writing group will allow me to pursue a business opportunity I'm involved in.

This is a cool moment for me. A lot of things could blow up in my face or fall apart at the last second, but I don't mind, because it's proof to me that the Lord is just waiting for me to act so that He can bless me. If things fall apart, I'll go back to work and another opportunity will eventually present itself.

Sometimes, I think the Lord keeps us hanging for a little while just so that we can have the opportunity to witness the miracle of everything falling into place in perfect synchrony. For me, it just serves as a reminder of how grateful I am that I'm not alone in this big old world.

2 comments:

Flamel said...

I'm working on a talk right now (two really, but one at a time) and it's on Elder Bennett's "Choose Eternal Life". This reminds me of the way the story in the beginning of the talk ended: that he called out for help and the lifeguard, waiting for just that, immediately came to his aid.

Qait said...

Yeah, sometimes He makes us wait...but perhaps more often than not, WE make HIM wait!
Good for you, getting back to work! Yay!