Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

22 January 2012

NLMIA

No Longer Missing In Action.

Hopefully. I can't promise anything. I've had a few ideas for blog posts, but haven't gotten around to them out of shameful laziness. Yep. Laziness. I'm super annoyed at myself right now. Because this always happens to me when I'm jobless or have too much free time on my hands. I get lazy and totally unproductive.

But I have GOT to figure out how to avoid that rut. Right now, I'm on like a four-day cycle, where I'll be lazy for three days and then go crazy-productive on the fourth day. Then back to the lazy three days. Intersperse guilt-tripping every Sunday wherever it falls in the cycle as I vow to do better. I'm not happy about it. It could be worse, but it's not good enough for me, either.

So this is my promise to do a little better. A public one.

In other news: Still jobless. Still looking. Waiting on a couple of leads. Open to moving anywhere in the country. Feeling a little homesick. Not stressing enough about job hunting. Stressing about my lack of stress. Yep. It's a great place to be...

Really though, in all honesty, while I may be thoroughly dissatisfied with the bulk of my time management skills, this free time has allowed for some very good things. I'm going to the temple at least once a week (I worked out a bargain with my landlords to use their car for a couple of hours every Tuesday morning to go), I have time to read new books, I'm going to institute, I have time to prepare and teach lessons, and I keep having moments of incredible insight in the middle of all the muddled fuzziness that comes from being lazy. The last few weeks have been peppered with some very treasured messages from the Lord, usually when I'm in a busy spurt. Those have been increasing in frequency as I've gotten a little better at planning my days.

It's good to know that He still loves me, in spite of my sometimes multitudinous shortcomings.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Not a panacea, but something I've found helpful: trying really hard to follow that "early to bed, early to rise commandment." It's made a miraculous difference in my productivity. THough, it IS tough going to bed at 8:30 and getting up at 4:30, I get SO much more done.

Qait said...

Yeah, laziness...my lazy days happen mostly when I have a lot to do, haha! Oh wait, no-haha, that's bad.

It's the pressure that does it to me I guess. :D

And in truth, I'm not lazy. Remember when you were here and there was this moment we were doing nothing? Like a Lazy Really-Nothing? That was amazing. Because that pretty much NEVER happens to me. EVER. Maybe rarely. And I honestly could have done something right then, but you were here, so I figured I'd just enjoy the pause.

Thanks for that. :)
And Lynnae, you're not lazy. I know sometimes you do lazy stuff (as in do nothing I guess), but you are not a lazy person. So don't be too mad. ;)