Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

25 June 2012

Pressure Release

I'm sorry I haven't been posting particularly informative blog posts this year. I feel like I have recently been writing short blurbs and then throwing a comic, or a video, or some other thing in there to say "Hey! Look at this, so that I can distract you and not have to write as much!"

Apparently I'm lazy. Or perhaps, my friend/employer Brett was right when he said that I was burned out. I was describing the exhaustion I feel after work sometimes, which has murdered my bookworm, stifled my ability to edit for outside projects, and basically resulted in me wanting to just curl up in bed as soon as I get home, and he used the term "burned out" on me. For some reason, I never really considered it to be real, honest-to-goodness burnout. But it was. Still is.

I love my job. Honestly, I do. But it is very intense, and I just never really wanted to admit that I was struggling with the rest of my life because I put so much of myself into my work. It feels a little like a cop-out, considering I'm reading the scriptures for a living. I shouldn't have any troubles with that at all.

But I'm only human, after all. No matter what the work is, you can still burn out.

Things are looking better now, though. I spent a week with my family for my birthday, and, as always, my family worked their wonderful magic and sent me back to Utah feeling completely refreshed and happy. Then, on top of that, I received permission to go through the temple from my bishop, and that, more than anything, has breathed life back into every aspect of my seemingly burned out existence.

For the last several months, though I've led a relatively non-boring life, I've felt kind of stuck. Like my life took this huge, deep breath and then decided to hold it. For 8 months. I wasn't progressing in any of the ways I really wanted to, and I couldn't seem to, no matter how hard I tried. So I've been feeling trapped.

But not anymore! I'm going through the temple, I may be moving somewhere new and exciting (that is entirely up in the air, but, as a single girl, I'm remarkably free to go wherever on earth I need to go), and though my own dating life has been underwhelming (an understatement), there are many people I care deeply about who are finding happiness in that particular area, so I can be happy with them.

All in all, it's starting to feel like the lull has passed, and I don't feel quite so stuck anymore.

Hopefully the release of that pressure will make it easier to write again. :)

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm so glad you're feeling good about life! That's really exciting about going through the temple, I'm so happy for you! It may seem silly, but I rather enjoy your small blurbs every now and then, they at least indicate you're alive and well for the moment. :) I miss you!

Qait said...

It's okay to burnout. It's just not fun.
And not fun to admit, either...I've kind of got my own little burnout going on, too.
So I'm really(!) glad that you're feeling refreshed! Love how family can do that...and the temple!!!! :D