Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

15 August 2013

Gee Whiz Files: Elevate Your Thoughts

I thought maybe I should start these Gee Whiz Files things up again. After all, I'm still working for the Church, it's still interesting, and I'm always correcting people's misconceptions about what it's like. Not that that's the only reason for Gee Whiz Files. Sometimes they're just fun, too.

Other times, like this one, they are perfectly timed and wonderfully applicable to the rest of my life. So, the Church Office Building elevators that I talked about forever ago? Yeah, those. Well, all of them have these little plaques that contain snippets from general conference talks. They call them "Elevate Your Thoughts" (Elevator Thoughts, get it?). I've always liked them. They're nice. It gives you something to read instead of having to make awkward eye contact when you're jammed in with 18 other people for 20+ floors. But I've also largely ignored them in the sense that I'll stare at them every day and still never be able to tell you what they actually say. 

Well, I got in the elevator today, and I just so happened to be in the one that had this quote, and it seemed beautifully fitting, considering the point of my last post. So I took a picture of it. I apologize that it's blurry. The elevator jolted to a stop and then some lady got in and stood between me and the plaque, so I had to work with what I got. 

It's beautiful and perfect nonetheless.

Just remember: sometimes, it's okay to feel like you're barely holding on for dear life. You don't have to be excelling in the gospel to be making progress.

1 comment:

Qait said...

Thanks for sharing that!