Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

23 January 2015

The Grand Chop

Yes, I'm aware that this post is going to be old news for the people who see me regularly, but I still wanted to share it. I cut my hair!

After three years of growing it out (and pouring a lot of love and attention into keeping it healthy that whole time), cutting it off was kind of a big deal for me. In fact, I had a hard time committing to doing it (much to my hair stylist's chagrin). It was really beautiful long, but I like the shorter cut more because it suits me a little bit better.

Though, to my surprise, some of my guyfriends actually openly wept when I chopped it off. Guys really do like longer hair. Go figure.

Before
However, I am also my mother's daughter. She's a cosmetologist. She's always done whatever she wanted with her hair, regardless of what my dad's preferences are (though she's been nice enough to never do something that he hates, and he doesn't try to force his preferences on her--he loves her the way she is). I'm exactly the same way. My hair is mine. I'll do what I want with it. That being said, I'm attached (haha, stupid pun) to it, and I like it long enough to run my fingers through, so if my man really hates pixie cuts on girls, he'll probably never have to worry about it. If, by some weird happenstance, he really likes pixie cuts on girls, well, he might just have to live without that.

After!
Whatever, I've rambled long enough.

Pretend that this is seven months ago and you haven't seen me without long hair in three years. :)

I'm growing it out a little more and plan on keeping it around shoulder length for a while. That's probably my favorite length overall.

By the way, I didn't realize how much I changed my hair until I started the whole online dating thing. I put a range of pictures up and didn't really think about it, but then I started getting a bunch of questions along the lines of, "So what does your hair actually look like right now?" Looking back through them, I realized that it's been long, short, light, dark, black, blonde, even a little red (depending on the lighting).

The winners are always the ones who like it all ways. ;)

No comments: