Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

16 October 2009

Glutton for Punishment

Gluttony's a sin, oh didn't you know
And for every sin, the punishment must go
On the heels of the crime and give you a jab
To scold and remind you that you've been bad
Now achy and punished, you know you got served
The dish that you richly and truly deserved
But oh the confusion when rules get all bent
For how do you punish a glutton for punishment?

Just a little ditty I penned out of exasperation for my ridiculous habit of going back for more when I know I don't really want it. Whether it be food, boys, sleep, or putting off homework. I just keep asking for it. So for all you punishment-gluttons out there, this one's for you. I wish I were a song writer and had musical talent, because I have this really whimsical tune in my head right now. But don't ask me to sing it. I won't. :)

2 comments:

Qait said...

SING IT!!!!!

Well, then, punish me for those few fries I ate... ;)
I've actually been taking good care of myself and trying to minimize those exact gluttonous habits of mine.
Did you know a serving of Oreos is TWO?! That's so depressing.
I wanted some so badly. So I got out two, closed and put away the package, and nibbled my oreos very slowly with lots of milk sips inbetwixt.

And in the end, it was very satisfying. I just pretended in my head that I'd eat a whole row (or two). Like I used to.... GASP!

Rae said...

LYNNAE! HI!

I LOVE this.