Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

26 August 2010

Old Faces

Tonight's been a great night of old faces and old times. I really feel at home again. First, my little brother is up here to attend BYU, and I'm probably driving him crazy as I plan all the things I want to show him. Maybe I should give him some free rein and let him explore on his own.

Then, Will came over to watch a movie with us, just like old times, and it felt so totally natural to have him sitting in the apartment again. Brett pops his head in, with that characteristic smile of his, as though nothing has changed (even though he now lives south of campus...woof. :/). A third knock on the door lets Annette, my favorite roommate-younger-than-me, into our increasingly crowded front room. Mere minutes see her at my side, snuggled up the way she always used to do. And then Kunkee, who is as much a part of our apartment as anyone else, makes his nightly appearance and I just feel so completely at home.

Life has taken all of us in some new and interesting directions. Disappointment, change, growth, hope, altered dreams, and lasting experiences have shaped us into people very different from who we were before. But it just goes to show that good friends, true friends, will always make you feel at home, no matter how we all have changed. Welcome back, guys. I've missed you.

3 comments:

Candice Bellows said...

Yep, that's exactly how it was for me when Tyler first came out here. I did what you suggested, and it worked out just fine.

m.murray said...

aww... I almost miss coming to 20... Perhaps I will sometime.

Lynnae Jackson said...

Sting, remember how I'm in number 21? :)