Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

27 August 2010

Student Perks

Man, sometimes, there are a lot of really great things about being a student. Like Amazon Prime's special (FREE!) student account that provides you with free two-day shipping on all things school related. Just because Amazon likes us poor college students. They saved me about $50 on books. It would have saved me more if I didn't already own half of the books on my booklist.

Also, I might add that I love purchasing software as a student. I had to have my laptop rebuilt by Kunkee after a virus tried to kill it (and largely succeeded) and the software upgrades that might have cost thousands (including my full Adobe Creative Suite) only cost me about $150.

I'm thinking I need to gift myself with some nice things for my birthday next year, since that will be the last birthday I have before I graduate (freaky, no?). That way I can take advantage of all those lovely student perks.

You know, in some ways, I'm really going to miss this whole student thing. I've still got a little time to enjoy it, still, but not much, and I'm starting to look ahead to what I'm going to do when I graduate.

It's funny how we can only plan to the next major step. When I was in high school, all I cared about was getting into college. I couldn't see much past that. Now that I'm in college, I've been relentlessly pounding toward graduation, and now that it's closing in, I'm beginning to realize how enigmatic my future looks. Just this big, hazy, grey mass sitting quietly at the end of these next 16 months. And yes, I spelled grey that way. :)

However, just because I don't know what my future holds doesn't mean that it isn't exciting.

1 comment:

Qait said...

Bravo! My grandpa and I were talking about future plans, and when I said we've just had to follow Heavenly Father's plan, with things going differently than anticipated along the way, and he said "isn't that scary?" I said "Not at all." It's SO exciting.

ps: the only time I DON'T spell grey like grey is when I'm talking about a very cold, wet, unwelcoming GRAY. Ew. It's cold, wet and unwelcoming when it's spelled that way.