Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

13 December 2011

Holy Christmas, Batman!

What is it with holidays sneaking up on me this year?? I'm always aware of them, have plans for them far in advance, and then I just don't think about them until they're close enough to sneeze on me. (Wow. That's a great mental image. Sorry.)

Like Christmas.

It's next weekend.

What the heck?

My Christmas shopping is all done, no worries.

It just seems like every holiday has felt completely surreal for me this year. Almost like none of them matter. My birthday? I barely even thought about it until my roommates had a pink pillowcase over my head and were hauling me out the door.

Some people can immerse themselves so completely in the spirit of a holiday. Normally I can. Not sure what's different this year.

Don't mind me. I'm just having an existential crisis. Nothing big. ;)

2 comments:

Qait said...

I know! When I was a kid, Christmas took AGES to finally arrive! Now it's like I'm mentally shoving it away because I can hardly believe it's in about a WEEK! AAAA!!!
Forget Christmas shopping, that's easy to finish. I have gifts yet to MAKE. Ugh. Time.
Time is the enemy here.
(But...I'm really excited for Christmas, of course).

Marzipan said...

I'm having the same problem.. where did the spirit of Christmas go? Lately I've been blaming it on being with all my siblings and cousins and aunts and uncles, and as everyone has a little piece, and we're all so spread out, it isn't getting HUGE like it does when there's a big group of us together. Or maybe I just need a 4 year old kid around.