Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

28 February 2013

I Have a Date!

You know what I love about getting older?

I love watching my siblings growing up. I was on the phone with my stud-muffin little brother yesterday, and we were talking about his birthday (he's 17, can you believe it?) and other, more trivial matters. Mostly about food. Weird, but true.

See, I have this favorite burger place, but it's only in the Austin area in Texas, which means I almost never get to enjoy it, because I'm only home one or two weeks out of the year. BUT! Brian is coming home from his mission in April, and I'll be going home for that, so Mighty Fine and I will be having a delicious, sumptuous reunion.

But then! Ben told me that there was this other burger place that he likes even better. And, of course, the mean little blighter that he is, he started describing the burgers and fries in mouth-watering detail. I had just gotten off work and was waiting for the bus so that I could go home and make dinner. Hello, purest form of torture.

It suddenly occurred to me over the tidal-wave-style rumblings in my tummy that Ben and I should totally go on a sibling date to this superior burger place. And that's when I realized that I love that I'm getting older, because it means that Ben is old enough to drive us to the place and he and I can have a real, honest-to-goodness, one-on-one dinner (or lunch---burgers are acceptable for anytime except breakfast), just the two of us. I don't have to ferry him around anymore.

And I totally love that.

So yeah, I have a date. In two months. With my little brother. It's going to be awesome.

Oh, and I have a date next Saturday, too (not with my little brother). ^_^

Life's pretty great.

2 comments:

The Spoiled One said...

I'm glad you said you had another date, because even though dates with your brother are awesome, it's not what I was expecting when I clicked on the link. ;)

Qait said...

It's TOMORROW! Call me.