Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

09 January 2014

Christmas Trees and Blonde Moments

Hi guys! I'm back again! Remember all that free time I said I had? Yep. Still have it. Cleaning my apartment and sending out resumes only takes up so much time when Roommate is gone. Also, I'm sort of  procrastinating taking my Christmas tree down.

Yes, it's the 9th of January. Judge me.

It's just so pretty. Did I ever show you a picture? No? Well here you go:

'Spretty, no?

Roommate picked out the colors this year, and I'm a big fan of them. Which is why I'm procrastinating taking it down. One month is not long enough to savor a lovely Christmas tree. But don't worry, I will take it down. This week. I think. Maybe.

In other news, the job hunt is going well. At least, my resumes are procuring interviews, so that's awesome. I'm just making sure I'm staying occupied during my downtime. It is nice to have the freedom to get a lot of things done without having to schedule them in minute-by-minute into an already-full day.

Oh my gosh this post is boring.

Let's see... how to spice things up...

Shall I tell you my recent blonde moment? Yes, I think I shall.

So once upon a time, my father bought a Blu-Ray player. Ever since then, he has been praising its superiority up and down. I'm a bit of a movie purist myself, so I can see his point. I finally put "blu-ray player" on my own Christmas wishlist (and Dad, being beyond awesome, actually got one for me, even though it was the priciest thing on my list—Dad, you're the best). I'd gotten smart and started buying blu-ray/DVD combos of new movies since the price difference was like, fifty cents.

Then I got a blu-ray player for Christmas. And had a panic attack.

WHAT ABOUT MY REGION 2 DVDS??? (Because I'm impatient and couldn't wait for BBC to release Merlin seasons 4 and 5 in the States) I SPECIFICALLY HAVE A REGION-FREE DVD PLAYER FOR THEM! OH NOES! I'm going to have to replace them with American DVDs or Blu-rays. THAT'S GOING TO COST SO MUCH!

Seriously.

It was stressing me out so bad. Yes, I'm aware that it's hilarious that I reached a stress breaking-point over movies. The things that rile us up, honestly.

Anyway, the brick dropped on my head right about then.

Duh, Lynnae. You can have more than one device plugged in. It's not like you have to throw away the other one just because you got a shiny new blu-ray player. You're a moron.

So the silly girl plugged both devices in, and now she can watch her region 2 DVDs, her blu-rays, and her boring normal DVDs whenever she wants. Ta-da!

That's my story.

And hopefully that's the diztiest thing I'll do this month.

No promises though.

2 comments:

Qait said...

the diztiest thing...uh oh, I think you did another dizty thing! ;) just kidding, it's a funny typo, I don't even care if you fix it in your post. :D

I'm happy you're blogging again.
Keep me updated on your job hunting!

Lynnae Jackson said...

Hahaha. I like that mistake so much, I'm totally going to leave it.