One more post in January! Who knows? If I'm feeling a little nutty, I might even post tomorrow, too.
Truth be told, I'm halfway through my Double-breaded Lemon Flounder recipe and then discovered that we're out of eggs, so I'm chilling with my fish while Roommate runs to the store to get more. So I'm blogging instead of just wasting time mindlessly on the internet while she's gone.
It's okay. You can be proud of me.
Also, I made a smoothie this morning. It was delicious.
I'm not turning into a health nut. Or even a domestic goddess who posts perfect recipes on her blog all the time. I'm a big fan of eating food that tastes delicious, and I do love to cook (it's just the dishes afterward and the delayed gratification of having to cook while my stomach is clamoring for food that gets in the way of culinary bliss for both me and Roommate). But if I ever start cooking and sharing with everybody (unlikely), I'll be doing it on a separate blog.
But honestly? My mother is a fantastic cook, and lots of people knew about her skill back before blogs were a thing. I like sharing my cooking with people who can sit at my table and taste it. Also, apparently I have expensive, complicated tastes in food. When I look up recipes, I always manage to pick the ones that have a million ingredients and take forever to prepare.
Pfft. Forget that.
I want easy food. I'm planning on cooking for a husband and kids someday, and I've gotten old enough to watch my mother burn out on cooking perfect meals every night (Baby Brothers get more pizza than I ever did, the lucky ducks), so I like the idea of easy, quick, low-stress cooking.
Do you guys mind me rambling mindlessly about food? I always feel like I have to write perfect, wonderously interesting blog posts. Instead, y'all usually get slightly rambling, meandering posts. In fact, this one literally has no point. Well, except that I'm passing time until Roommate gets back so that I can finish cooking.
Welcome to a peek into my normal day. I don't usually give a lot of glimpses of that. :)
2 comments:
You better check on that "perfect" record...it has forever been tarnished by overly salty main dishes even I won't eat, to failed gulosh that looks like mud (or what we won't mention, but the younger boys did!) Pizza went out the window too,kinda. You should ask those younger brothers how many nights we have had toast and smoothies, only.... Daddy cooks a lot these days and guess what? There aren't any dishes when he cooks!
Haha! Well I love this post.
I love cooking too. Don't worry, I think you'll still manage to find yummy and easy dishes for families...and fancy ones sometimes. I like making fancy meals, when I have energy. :)
Post a Comment