I'm lucky to have wonderful friends. Even when I'm too busy to notice what I'm feeling, they somehow manage to pick up on it. Both of my roommates have gently confronted me and asked if I was feeling okay because I "seemed down." In truth, I was just exhausted by my conflicting schedule. I'm not scheduled down to the minute or anything, but it just seems that, for everything I do have scheduled/planned, there's something equally appealing that's happening at the same time. I've had to give up on hikes that Michelle plans in order to take tests, go to weddings, and take care of miscellaneous other responsibilities. I've had to bow out of activities to spend much-needed time with my roommates or with my aunt. It gets tiring after a while.
And yet, inexplicably, I love my life. I'm happy overall with how things are going. Yes, I'm busy. Yes, I have to miss out on some things in order to take care of other things. But I have roommates who care about me, a boyfriend who never fails to offer a pickmeup when I've had a hard day, and a job that's rewarding (and allows me to stay fed and housed).
No, I was not actually feeling "down" per se. But the thought behind it when my roommates each took turns checking up on me was what really counted, and that's what I took to heart. I've felt a little disconnected from them sometimes, because we're all so busy and in different phases of life, but it's nice to know that, when all is said and done, they've got my back and I've got theirs.

1 comment:
I LOVE YOUR ROOMMATES. :)
(and--a disconnected thought, of course--i think this pure acetone i'm using is starting to get to my brain)
Post a Comment