Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

15 June 2010

Vending Machine Flirting

I was hit on today. By an EFY counselor. On the bright side, it wasn't by an EFY kid, which I've been told has happened from time to time.

I walked into work after class and discovered that somehow, the whole office had magically emptied without telling me. Stymied, I decided to just relax and read a book until people came back. But then I was suddenly gripped by a ravenous hunger (okay, maybe not that ravenous...) and decided to hit up the vending machine for something to snack on (curse my inability to read without eating food. It's a Pavlovian response). In my pursuit of the perfect snack, I barely registered the swarms of EFY kids.

Then, as I'm surveying my dining options, this guy in a bright red shirt comes up to me. "You know EFY kids aren't supposed to use the vending machine, right?" At which point, I turned to him, BYU ID clearly in hand, with a "yeah, and?" look on my face.

"Oh, sorry," he mumbled quickly. "I guess I just wanted to bust you. Now it makes for a great conversation starter."

Um, what?

Then he proceeded to ask me what I'm studying, where I'm from, and then told me all about himself and starting trying to crack jokes. I realized about halfway through that he was flirting.

Hooray for being slow on the uptake. I guess I'm flattered that he'd be interested in flirting with me. But what really got me was the pickup line. Smooth. It's one of the more creative ones I've encountered.

No comments: