Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

30 July 2010

High Flying

It's true. I'm in a high-flying mood. Too bad I don't actually like flying. Don't ask why, because I don't really know. I just don't like planes. However, I'm sucking it up and braving the metal beast tomorrow morning at approximately 8:41am in order to fly home and pay my last respects to our lovely California home. My dad got laid off about 3 months ago (curse this economy) and finally found a new job in Austin, Texas, so my family is moving there next month sometime. So I'm flying home to get my last good taste of the beach and the palm trees.

You know, you'd think I'd be depressed by my family moving while I'm in college, but I'm really not. I'm actually pretty excited. I've grown up moving around a lot (longest time spent in one house: 3 years), so I'm accustomed to things changing. And it's not like I can be any more displaced than I already am. I graduated from high school in Iowa, my family moved to California my freshman year of college, and now they're moving somewhere else while I'm still in Provo. So it's really nothing too drastic. It just makes my trip home for Christmas all the more exciting, since it'll be to a place I've never been.

It helps that I've built a life for myself here in Utah. Even though my family is moving, it's not really uprooting me at all, because all my friends, my job, my current place of residence, all that is in Utah. So while my family is uprooting and moving around, I'm staying pretty well rooted.

2 comments:

Qait said...

You have a good attitude about it!
I ache to see my sisters' homes whenever they move. It just helps to be able to picture their environment when I wonder how they are, or I'm imagining them about their daily mommy duties.
:)

Candice Bellows said...

Welcome to the My-Parents-Moved-While-I-Was-in-College Club (or were you already in it?). Hope to see you sometime this semester!