- Hot springs tarnish silver rings... and it looks pretty darn cool.
- Sulfur makes water foggy. Somehow I grew up reading all about volcanoes and geysers and hot springs and never learned that until now...
- Moms make excellent advice-givers
- Dads are super-duper cute when they're missing mom. And they tend to talk to kids more often so that they have something to do besides calling mom.
- Utah sun is unforgiving if you forget sunscreen
- Graphic designers wince just as much over poor photoshopping and lighting as I do over grammar and spelling errors
- Some guys (namely my coworker) actually like listening to girl-talk
- Cookies n' Cream ice cream from the BYU Creamery has amazing healing properties
- Computer viruses are evil
- Even though William Shatner as the Priceline Negotiator makes me want to gag, the website he advertizes is actually pretty cool. I got cheap airline tickets.
- No matter how many times I type "advertizes" in a spell-checker, it never looks right
- One moment of silliness at Walmart with your best friend makes up for a whole day of ickiness
- When you start planning your little brother into your Utah plans, like inviting him to hike Mt. Timpanogos with you and your friends, you start to feel really old.
- I need a new password, because I almost never type it right the first time. You'd think I'd have it down after a couple of years...
- Life is always better with a pen and some paper to write on
- Miracle of miracles, I can actually cook. Quite well, in fact. Who knew?
- BYU offers a geology class that's once a week, 5 hours long, and you spend the whole thing out in the actual geological formations you're learning about, which is way better than taking notes on them in a classroom. If only I'd learned this a semester earlier...
- I'm officially a senior in college. Back to the feeling old thing...
- Never tell a guy that something in a Jeep is impossible. Because he will then do that thing. Possibly destroying something in the process.
- Perseverance pays off. To quote a good author I read recently, "You find out the strength of the wind [and your own strength] by trying to walk against it, not by lying down."
Life was never meant to be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
29 July 2010
Things I've Learned Recently
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah my snarky snippet daughter has resurrected!! I love your little learnings, especially the daddy missing mommy and talking to the kids more! Whoda thunk?
oxoxox OOOO mOOOOmmy (those are hugs, not mooooo's)
I knew #20 already. Everybody knows gas is stinkier when you have your face in it instead of getting down to the ground like a good soldier.
Post a Comment