Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

22 July 2011

Did I Just Make That Sound?

I've been posting a lot of pop-culture-related posts recently. Maybe because, since I've gotten back from Lake Powell, a bunch of good movies have come out and I'm catching up, thus consuming a large part of my life. I'm writing this post at an obscenely late (or early) hour because I just got back from the midnight screening of Captain America.

It. Was. Amazing!

And they had a legitimate Avengers trailer at the end of the credits. Flash of Loki, Thor, Tony Stark, and others. The whole theater roared with applause. Somewhere in the midst of this roar, a small squeak reached my ears just as it hiccuped into a croak because the vocal cords making it couldn't take the stress. I was... unaware that I was emitting that sound. I don't know if I've ever involuntarily made a fangirl squeal like that. I'll be honest, most of the odd noises I make about The Hobbit are semi-voluntary. I'm at least aware that I'm making them. But Marvel just yanked it right out of my mouth, without my brain's knowledge. Hm. Well done, moviemakers. Well done. 

Though my true nerdiness prefers Tolkien (and is obviously very excited about The Hobbit), I must commend Marvel for doing such a good job of building slowly up to the Avengers movie so that even relatively uneducated fans (like me--because, let's face it, I've still never read any of the comic books) are hopping with excitement for the grand finale to come out.

And yes, I may have a crush on Captain America. Just a little one.

Oh, and since some of you may not actually care what I think about pop culture and would prefer to stalk me instead of my movie tastes, here's a brief update:

I'm graduating in just three weeks!

Which means I'm visiting home in Texas (and leaving my current job) in five weeks!

And I really should be packing and moving my stuff to Bountiful this week. Sadly, that probably won't happen. I'll be kicking my butt in gear next week (I hope). If you happen to know of people with spare cardboard boxes to give me, I just might profess undying love for you.

Other than thoughts of moving, I'm pretty much spending my days working, reading books, and (for this week at least) going to see new blockbuster movies. A brief shout-out to my dad who gave me two free movie passes for my birthday, thus enabling this trend of seeing movies in the expensive theater. (Harry Potter 7.2, you and I have a date on Saturday, just so you know.)

And now, sleep. Body needs sleep. And dreams of Captain America (I hope).

And thanks to this blog post, my parents will actually know where I am at three in the morning. :)

2 comments:

Marcy Jackson said...

Actually I got your 12 midnight text that you were ready to watch it. I was just hitting the pillow with a leadened crash from working to death at girls camp!! Thanks for not calling but using silent text!! gotta love it! oxoxoxox

Qait said...

Lynnae, I am asking you on a girly date to see The Hobbit when it comes out.
Yes?
And please, only break the date if some super-hotness man (comparable to your dreamy Captain America) wants to take you away from me. Fine.
But only then!
What say you?

(because...I'm excited about it too even though I don't drool over Tolkien books. In public)