Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

07 July 2011

Once Upon A Time

So once upon a time, there were these two frogs. A girl frog and a boy frog. They were happy. Suddenly, an evil witch appeared and turned the boy frog into a prince. And he was stuck as a prince. The girl frog was so sad that the witch had taken her froggy lover that she raised an army of fellow frogs and went after the witch. They succeeded in turning the witch into a snake. But that meant the frog-who-was-now-a-prince was stuck even more permanently as a prince. Eventually, he found a lovely princess and they got married. And the girl frog? Well, she fell in love with one of the boy frogs who had helped her take down the witch, so she got a happy, though unconventional, ending too. And somebody stepped on the snake. So it didn't hurt anyone.

Many thanks to Aubry, who was bored enough in the checkout line at Walmart to turn around and tell me this story off the top of her head. I told her to write it on her blog, but she never did, so I guess I'll do it. I was really impressed that she barely paused as she told the story, even though she made it all up in the moment, just to pass the time.

And people wonder why I like going shopping with Aubry. :)

1 comment:

rie said...

I'm impressed with how well you retold the story. Good job!