Guess who's online at the airport?
Me! That's who!
Airport wi-fi is the best. So I'm sitting here at my gate, nice and early, as I always like to be. And it's a little fun to people watch. Some girl across from me is helping a friend resolve drama over the phone, all while wearing super cute shoes. Two asians at my gate are dressed in fluorescent--and I mean eye-hurting fluorescent--yellow hoodies with fur-lined jackets over the top. Perhaps they are cold? And we're flying to Austin? Where the weather is....
Dude! Did you know Google makes their lightning bolts red instead of yellow? Random. And for some reason, that makes me happy.
Okay, for reals: the weather in Austin is supposed to be 108 and sunny. (Imagine me wheezy-gasping right now... heat and I aren't exactly great friends). So back to my point: the Asians are dressed like they're going to Alaska. And I'm confused. Because personally, I think I'd prefer Alaska temperatures to Texas temperatures. (Fun fact: my room in Bountiful is roughly the temperature of Alaska--I love it!)
Heh heh heh. Some lady is making good use of her bra-ket.
Anyway, in the middle of all this people watching, I'm struggling frantically to figure out what I've forgotten, because I have that horribly prickly feeling you get when you've left something behind on a trip. But I got through airport security just fine, so obviously I didn't forget my license and boarding pass...
Maybe it's just the up-in-the-air feeling of having just moved, too. I'm all kinds of un-settled (intentionally hyphenated, I promise). Savannah and I moved all of my stuff up to Bountiful last night and she was wonderfully patient while I set up everything so that I wouldn't have to stress when I get back from Texas. Then we had a slumber party. And giggled like we were ten years old again. Granted, our slumber party consisted of brainstorming our story ideas instead of painting our toenails and doing makeovers. But that's what happens when you put literary nerds together.
So back to that up-in-the-air feeling. Yeah. It's there. I did it. I. Moved. Out. Of. Provo. Still single. But graduated. Possibly for good. Well, the out of Provo part. And the graduated part. Hopefully not the single part. :) But let me tell you, it is a weird feeling. Kind of unreal. Like I'm not entirely sure how I should behave. What do graduated, real-live adults do? Oh yeah, work. But I don't start work yet. One more week of freedome. Yeah, freedom with an e. Because my fingers spazz and I'm too lazy to fix it.
I apologize for the ramblings. But if you wanted to peek inside my mind (you brave soul, you!) this is pretty much what it looks like right now.
w00t.
3 comments:
Yay, you're coming to Austin?! Well, ok, no hurray for the weather, it is perfectly miserable here in the triple digits. But that's what staying inside in the air conditioning is for, right? :) I know you may not be here for long, and of course you'll want to spend most of that time with your family, but if you do happen to head south to San Antonio, let me know! I would love to see you! Hope you have a safe trip!
So, I just noticed the new blog picture, and I wanted to say that I love it.
Yeah....figured out the "what did I forget thing?"....we have been so BORED without your movie collection!!! I could have watched them all while you slept! oxox
Post a Comment