Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

22 August 2011

Cherry on Top

To anyone who saw me during graduation week, it was a well-known fact that I was having a terrible time. Well, more like, an extremely stressful time. So many things went wrong that I found myself frequently throwing my hands up in the air, glaring at the sky, and desperately asking, "WHY?? It's just graduation! It's not like I'm getting married or going on a mission. Why is it so hard?"

But you know what? I would do it all over again--every mishap, every problem--to relive today.

See, graduates can buy a Stole of Gratitude to give to someone who's made a lasting impact on their academic career. I chose to give mine to my editing professor, Brother Gardner, because he really is the reason I am where I am right now. I owe my career to him.

He wasn't able to be at graduation, so I called him to set up a time to drop by, mentioning that I had something to give him. So today, I took a brief break from work to run over to his office and visit for a little bit.

And look on his face when I gave him the Stole of Gratitude?

Yeah, I'd walk through fire for a smile like that. It made everything worth it.

No comments: