Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

24 May 2011

Boo Internet

Sorry I haven't written in a while. There are crazy men pounding around crap on our roof right now (okay, maybe they're not crazy--I'm sure it's something really important to the welfare of our apartment building, but the construction sucks anyway). Unfortunately, in their pounding, they seem to have messed up our connection to the internet servers, so the internet has been down in our complex for several days, and usually I'm at home when I want to write something. Therefore: no posts. That and I might be just a little bit lazy.

But you're in luck, because I'm wasting time on the internet right now while I'm on break at work. Which means that y'all actually get to hear from me. Lucky you. Or something like that. I feel bad about not blogging as often as I used to. Either I'm running out of ideas and feeling unclever, or my life is just boring and uneventful at the moment.

The latter is not true.

I have a lot to think about at the moment, because my hereditary sinus infections (the ones that prove I'm not adopted, remember?) have gotten worse and now I think I might be getting surgery on my nose and sinus passages to make it all better. Which, considering my fear of needles and sharp pointy things near my face, is not an appealing thought at all. But yeah. That particular condition is seeping into every nook and cranny of my life: it messes with my sleep, keeps me home from work, makes me look less alert and functional than normal, etc.

On the bright side, the rest of my life is actually pretty good. My calling in church is way fun (and much less stressful now that the FHE groups are organized), I'm a lot more social than I used to be and have therefore learned that the girls (and guys) in my ward are awesome. There's some serious eye candy living in my apartment complex. It's completely impractical for me to even consider dating right now, since I'm jetting out of here in three months, but I do like looking at some of these guys every Sunday. (And just to clarify that I'm not objectifying men: part of what makes these guys such great eye candy is the fact that they're funny, smart, and really friendly, so it's fun to be around them).

Oh, and my birthday is like a week from Thursday, which I totally didn't realize until yesterday, when I was looking at my calendar. I kind of sort of forgot about it. It was off in that hazy somedayland.

I also have about 3 1/2 weeks left of school. Ever. Seriously.

Cool, no?

2 comments:

Marcy Jackson said...

FINALLY!! I'm glad you call once in awhile so looking for a new post every day isn't torture to your poor old mother!! So many good things in your life just cut off the nose (head) and it will all be good!

oxoxox mommy

Qait said...

Wow! You're kidding! Only 3 1/2 weeks left?! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

And Lynnae. I have a confession. I forgot again (and it's not because I don't care about you). Are you turning 22 or 23 then? I mean, I think I'm supposed to be just a year older, but now your birthday has thrown me off. We'll just have to be forever mysterious with age, I guess...in my head, anyway.

So! That's Michael's birthday, too! His mom will be in town, but we should do something fun all together! Like a picnic and swimming or something summer-ful, mmm!

Now I just have to get better.