Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

09 May 2011

Fashion Blog: Ha!

So guys, I wore this totally cute outfit today. It just screams fashion:

Shirt: First Year Girl's Camp, Pants: Hand-me-downs from my bestie, Shoes: $8 Airwalks from ShopKo, Raindrops: Free
I mean, don't you just see it and think SPRING! I know I do. And I know you're totally jealous of the pose, but it's really very easy. Posing is so key to modeling fashionable wear. It's about showing how you feel when you wear those clothes.

Okay, okay, I can't do it anymore. I tried. I really tried. I simply cannot write a fashion post. I'm fresh out of things to say.

So allow me to 'splain. This is my anti-fashion-blog post. Mostly out of boredom, and because I do occasionally run out of things to write about. The short version of this story is that I felt the desire to poke light fun at those "fashion blogs" where girls post pictures of themselves everyday and tell people where to find those clothes. Aside from thinking that this is a ridiculous and costly habit for any starving college student, I think that some of them that are so insipid and nauseating, that I felt like letting off a little steam after reading them.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind fashion advice; I usually make a concerted effort everyday to dress up and look well-groomed (please note the post-Church hair and makeup--well, actually, you can't see it in this picture, but it's there). I like looking nice, and I respect other people who make an effort to look nice. But the underlying theme of a lot of the fashion blogs I've stumbled across is that if your clothes aren't name brand, they're not good enough. So I went anti and did all of the things that you never see in those fashion blogs: hand-me-down clothes, cheap shoes, and a blatantly ridiculous pose (although it's actually not too far off from some of the ones I've seen).

Basically, I was bored. And feeling a little rebellious towards the world of fashionistas. Also, looking at this picture, I really want my hair cut again. Thought you should know.

3 comments:

Marcy Jackson said...

Maybe not the cut but I gottcha on August 10th for that color appointment!!! Of course as long as we aren't moving a so called "College Grad" to a new apartment that day!!

BTW....dad said YES to the week home!! He just looked at me and smiled and said "I know my daughter don't I?!" He had told me you would want to come home even if you came again in Nov.....silly me thinking you would ration the visits home like I would have!

As soon as I finish here I am off to the airfare site to look up damages!!

oxoxoxox OOOOO

Qait said...

HAhaha :D
Yeah... my fashion post would go like this today "Want to look like me? Get odd hours of sleep, go to the gym, nix the shower, and put on a t-shirt from DI." Woohoo!
I wanted to come see you today! I was on campus-- but Ender is really, really cranky today, and I felt so achey/tired that I knew I'd only be able to crash and be boring. Oh well.
I love you! :)

Valerie said...

What? No links???
And...Amen! I totally agree with you.

Emily got her hair done (cut & color) today & she said she looks like a tiger. She's going back tomorrow to have it fixed!!!