Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

11 April 2012

Gee Whiz Files: Ultimate Stair Climber

So, there are 28-ish floors in the Church Office Building. Plus 3 accessible levels underground. You can reach all of these from the central staircase that is (surprise surprise) pretty much in the middle of each floor.

This also means that you can, if you so desire, climb all 31 stories' worth of stairs. Just because.

Actually, you get an achievement. They have a sheet of paper at the top of the last flight of stairs where you can sign your name. There are a surprising number of people on it. And it's replaced fairly regularly.

Yes, I've seen the achievement paper. No, I did not climb all the stairs to do it. I cheated by jogging up to see it (sans high heels, I promise) from the 25th floor during my break. But who knows? Maybe I will do it someday. I've started out doing about 8 floors' worth of stairs on my breaks to stay in shape.

Well, on the days I remember to bring a pair of flats. I should just stash some in my purse or something...

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Ooh! You should get some of those purse flats that fold up and come in their very own handbag! They're totally cute!

Qait said...

The Stairs Marathon! Just kidding, but how far is it really?
I can't wait til you do all of them. (I think by the end, my legs would be crumpling up on themselves, and I'd be dragging myself up each step with my fingertips. Ugh)