We went ice blocking on Monday for Family Home Evening. I learned a few things, seeing as I'd never done it before.
Ice blocks are fast. And awesome.
All those jams, sudden stops, and flying off into the grass will leave your butt sore for days.
Trains of people are a really bad idea---just like they are for water slides or sledding. But they're also oh so much fun. And totally worth it. Although again, you may have bruises in unexpected places.
The secret to making it to the bottom of the hill every time? Converse. They're slickery on the bottom, so you can steer with your feet without the friction stopping you and sending the ice block rocketing out from under you.
All's fair in love and war? It's also all fair in ice blocking. Tackling the person next to you is an acceptable method to make sure that they don't win an ice blocking race. I was on both the giving and receiving ends of this one.
Being picked up and tumbled down the hill is apparently guyfriend-ese for "I love you, I really do."
If you roll down a hill fast enough, you can pop a knee and fly over someone else who is also rolling down the hill instead of crashing into each other. Although, that tends to mean your roll is now a Wesley-from-Princess-Bride-style tumble.
Yes, this is what I meant. It's fun though. If you can stand when you're done, which, point of interest, you can't. The world's too busy bucking underneath you.
Playing Swedish Twister (not in heels and a skirt this time!) in the dark is the fastest way to break in new RM's.
I have a crush. Yes, this is relatively new news to me. An unexpected flare of jealousy when he was talking to another girl finally clued me in. I haven't cared that much in a long time. It's oddly refreshing.
And, unrelated to ice blocking, I am in love with this man's voice. I may be sick of Adele, but I will listen to this song over and over again if he sings it.
3 comments:
Crush??? Do tell...
So I do kinda like his voice! A little more gritty than I prefer and I did really like the silkyness when he finished the song! Jess liked it too. We listened to the Adele song and a few others of hers and I like his version WAY better!
I like the change on the song (I do get so tired of Adele). His voice is okay--definitely like it at the end!
I LOVE ICE BLOCKING! Careful, though. My sister Abby killed a tooth doing that. I was too young for flirting when I went (wait, no it wasn't that-- I went with my cousins)
Post a Comment