Yep. I fail at blogging. So sorry. Unfortunately, I actually have time to blog at the moment because I've been expelling my insides into the toilet thanks to a nasty bout of food poisoning. And yes, you're welcome for the lovely mental image.
Aside from my weekend date with my porcelain friend, life has been pretty good.
Some of the good things:
Taking a proofreading technique from just "incidental" to "absolutely crucial" by helping my supervisor see just how effective it was. He may have known it before, but he got much more enthusiastic about it after I'd done it the first time. Makes me feel useful and important.
The hope that my friend's publishing company really is something that I could spend my life doing, because that would be a dream come true.
The most awesome parents in the world. If I have a crummy day, I can always call them up, and they don't immediately tell me how to fix all of my problems. They're good at listening and helping me work through them on my own. I keep being surprised at how unusual that is for most people.
I go down to Provo almost every weekend, now, and I love seeing my old peeps. Also, I may be moving back there when my current job ends. Surprisingly, that's a really appealing idea.
I'm going home to see my family for my birthday. Which is also my sister's graduation day. So. Much. Partying. This has also cured a lot of my homesickness.
So has a few precious moments with my two best friends. At different times, I've had some much-needed bonding time with the most important people in my life during the last few weekends, and I'd forgotten how much I needed them until I had time with them again.
Talking to my best friend's husband's best friend and finding out that we get along (he's married. Don't get weird ideas). He was the best man and I was the maid of honor at their wedding. It was kind of fun that we both know quite a bit about the other person simply because we are the two best friends, even if we've only seen each other like, once since the wedding. Shows that we're friends with my best friend and her husband for a reason. :) Because they're awesome.
Last thing: I'm in love with this song. It's my happy song.
Okay, I'm going to go sleep off the effects of my date with the toilet now. See you in a few days.
2 comments:
Where do you ever find these awesome music videos? This one is so full of rich symbolisms that fit your life. I like it too. A lot. oxoxox OOO
Gross. Though I'm glad to see you calling it your porcelain friend. :)
Miss you! I hope you feel better and have a wonderful time proofreading at work... and going through all the submissions for the contest! I've found a couple I'm SUPER excited about!!!
Post a Comment