Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

29 August 2012

In My Wildest Dreams

Forgive the Nerd. She's going to explode in nerdiness in this post. I found my One True Nerd Love. The one item that I would absolutely love to own, despite its super-high impracticality factor:
Yes, it's a Lord of the Rings collector's edition chess set. (For more luxurious peeks at the details of this beautiful thing, go here.)

Gah.

I want.

I want it so badly.

So if you ever find yourself thinking, "Hey, I think I need to spend $500 on Lynnae today," pleasepleasepleasePLEASE spend it all on this.

In the meantime, I will stare longingly at pictures. (If I stay single for a few more years and retain my large discretionary income, I may dig into my nest egg to buy it. I'm not sure if this is a threat to the "marry-Lynnae-off-when-the-time-is-right" plan or not.)

Incidentally, if you happen to own one, I will bake you a three-course meal just for the chance to touch it.

4 comments:

Nauvoobelle said...

If I have that much money I would totally buy this for you. I miss you! I thought of you (and Savannah) today when I was at my new ward and starting talking to a guy about family history and then Nauvoo and saying it was my "nerd" coming out. I don't think he got it, but it sure made me think of you.:)

R. Michael Wahlquist said...

Haaaah! Oh yes, you ARE nerding out over that thing. What is it? Is it because they say it's Lord of the Rings or is it because it looks kind of cool? ;) *winkwink*
Yeah, if I had $500 to drop, you know I'd love to spoil you. :)

R. Michael Wahlquist said...

oh oops that's not Michael, that's me. Q.

Savannah said...

Heh. **GEEK!** Heh heh.