Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

02 August 2012

MindBomb

You know how everyone seems to have that one word (or 50) that they never learned correctly? I just found one of mine today.

Remunerate (verb): To pay, recompense, or reward for work, trouble, etc.

My whole life I have read and pronounced that word as "reNUMerate" and it is, in fact, "reMUNerate." In my proofreading, I tried to correct what I perceived as a misspelling in the Book of Mormon Index, only to find out that it was right and I was wrong (an off-putting situation, considering how many errors that stupid index has...)

I've just been schooled by the Book of Mormon Index.

3 comments:

M said...

Oh my gosh. I have been reading wrong the same way MY whole life too.
This is horrifying.

Candice Bellows said...

Tee hee hee . . . that was an amusing moment. ;D

Qait said...

:D Why does this make me so evilly gleeful?