Yes, in answer to the question that some of you may be asking after my last post, I do in fact have a job opportunity. More proof---as if I needed any---that the Lord blesses me far more than I deserve. I've been attempting to job hunt for the last couple of months (emphasis on "attempting"), but every time I tried, I found myself stopped in my tracks, or completely sidetracked onto something else. I kept pushing at it, but only got the feeling that the Lord was saying, "Lynnae. Relax. I've got this. Focus on the temple. I'll take care of the rest." (Incidentally, that exact same answer also applies to my dating life...)
So, with a little bit of grumbling and suppressed internal-freak-outs, I did just that, keeping an aloof eye on the job postings online, just in case anything jumped out at me.
Then, I happened to talk to the copyeditor at the Ensign (the beautiful Lia who taught me a ton about editing during my internship) and she happened to mention that, due to her soon-to-be-born daughter, the managing editors were accepting applications for her position. "You should apply," she told me.
Right at that moment, I felt like a huge flashing sign went off in my head that said, "YesyesyesyesyesyesYES! Apply!"
So I did.
After a couple of grueling tests that left my brain feeling more than a little mushy/sloshy, I finally have an interview. For today. So I'm all dressed up, squeaky clean, and praying desperately that I get this job. I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.
Whichever way it works out, this has been proof that the Lord is indeed at the reins. I'm just glad that I've been paying attention when He gives me an answer to the questions I'm asking. I'm not always good at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment