*(holy crap, Macs are messing me up: I keep trying to hit the "command" key instead of the "ctrl" key to italicize and end up hitting the obnoxious and seemingly useless Windows key instead...)
So what was I doing 100 blog posts ago? Well, surprisingly, I was in much the same state that I'm in now: content, busy, looking forward to the future, and grateful for the past. I haven't been at that stage through all 100 blog posts in between, obviously, but overall, I've been remarkably happy. Life has been good to me. There have been times when I might have argued with that statement, but let's take a look at what has happened, shall we?
I graduated from BYU.
I had a beautiful interview with my stake president that has effectively eased any and all worry I feel about going through the temple. Since then, I've been peacefully content that the timing for that is already taken care of.
I got THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD at the Ensign, where I'm uplifted, inspired, and taught all kinds of spiritual and professional lessons every day.
I got a beautiful new "niece" whose picture on my phone makes me smile every time I see it and whose cute little baby coos and burbles in my arms is one of my favorite sounds in the world.
My brother has gone on a mission, and that has blessed me almost as much as it has blessed him.
I have found out that my friends (you know who you are) are the truest, most loyal, supportive, and faithful friends any girl could ever ask for.
Sure, I'm still not married, and I don't have a family yet, but dang it, I'm going to enjoy my chocolate bar and not worry about that golden ticket. I've already been promised it, so I'm not worried. In the meantime, I will eat the chocolate and love every bite.
Actually, on the note of President Uchtdorf's Golden Ticket analogy, my mom and I were discussing some of the additional symbolism of the story itself and realized that, in a sense, he was warning us not to be Veruca Salt. When you think about the amount of chocolate her father bought in order to find that golden ticket, she probably already had a lifetime's supply of chocolate, but she couldn't enjoy it because she was so obsessed with the golden ticket. There's nothing wrong with wanting the golden ticket, but make sure you enjoy the chocolate, too. :)
(And if you couldn't tell, I
PPS: Fun fact! This post is also my hundredth post of 2011. Cool.
1 comment:
I don't know what the golden ticket analogy is (though I probably have the right idea).
Post a Comment