Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

05 September 2011

Settling In

I think I'm going to love it here.

That's my first thought as I wander into the laundry room to do my (free!) laundry, munching contentedly on a gourmet chocolate from Mrs. Cavanaugh's candy store. Sister Johnson works there, see, and she took me on a little tour of Bountiful today so that I could do some grocery shopping and see what attractions were nearby. The list of attractions included Mrs. Cavanaugh's, since she works there, and the employees working today insisted that, as her tenant, I was entitled, nay, required to sample some of their candies for free. So they gave me a small goodie bag of their best chocolates and here I am, perfectly content.

Visiting my family in Texas was wonderful. I pretty much did nothing for a whole week, which, after the last month or so, was a fabulous change.

Granted, I did get some quality sibling-torture time in. I pretty much sat on, poked, and otherwise inconvenienced Ben for about an hour one night. But apparently he liked it, because he just wrote on my wall on Facebook telling me that it has been forever since I've been to Texas and when would I be coming back?

Right, Ben. I just left yesterday.

And I wasn't the only one doing the sibling torture: Jessica played a mean trick on me this week.

For some reason completely unbeknownst to me, she wanted to jump on top of me while I was lying in bed (and I did nothing whatsoever to provoke her... honest!), but I definitely preferred to be un-jumped, so I rolled onto my back and put my feet up so that any attempts to pounce would result in a classic case of footinthegut syndrome. She tried several times, and then seemed to decide to give up. She turned to the closet, pulled out a bottle of lotion and asked, "Foot rub?"

Oh yesyesyes! So I stretched my feet out for her and kapow! She pounced. Bullseye. Sneaky little devil. I'm never trusting her and lotion again.

Hyrum drew me a darling little pink ninja during FHE and I liked it so much that I keep it on my mirror now. See? --->

We were playing a Pictionary-ish game, where you had to draw a picture that represented one of your family members and see if the rest of us could figure it out. I thought she was cute, so I kept her.

The only downer about being home? Texas is hecka hot! And heat and I... let's just say that that's a relationship that will never happen. I felt like I was stepping out into a sauna every time I walked outside. Forget makeup--it would melt right off. (Okay, so the Mary Kay stuff that my mom hooked me up with won't, but that's only because it's awesome.)

Who would have thought that Utah would be considered fresh, green, and cool at the beginning of September? But it is, let me tell you. It's heavenly.

Anyway, so now I'm back, and I'm settling into my new life. I was supposed to go up to Logan tonight, but complications made it impossible, and to be honest, I'm kind of grateful. It's nice to have a whole day to putter around my room and get everything set up the way I want it.

And I start work tomorrow!

I'd be scared if I weren't so dang excited.

Thanks to the insistence of my mother, I'll be trying my best to blog pretty regularly about work at the Church Office Building, plus, I'll probably be letting you guys know what things I actually worked on or wrote, so that you can stalk my published work, if you choose.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a luxurious bed, free laundry, and delicious chocolates.

2 comments:

rie said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Qait said...

I love my Jackson siblings! ;)