Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

17 October 2011

Tiny Hammers

I'm glad that I've reached a happy medium with life right now, because my seasonal allergies decided to kick in and holyheck! They are vicious!

I came into work this morning after almost suffering an allergy attack on the bus and, after getting to my floor, I discovered that I needed to run an errand and go down the elevator again. Remember how those elevator cars move super fast and the height of the building makes my ears pop sometimes? Multiply that "pop" by ten and move it to my nose when there's a sinus headache involved.

I'm glad I was alone in the elevator, because it would have been difficult to explain to total strangers why I suddenly grabbed my face and gasped, blinking back the sudden flurry of tears. They probably would have thought that I'd just been pummeled by something invisible. Well, it felt like I was---by a vicious, invisible little fairy living in my sinus cavities and banging around with its tiny hammer. And it was probably laughing maniacally the whole time.

I'm sure it made whoever's on the other end of those security cameras laugh anyway. Good thing I don't have to explain to them. Or see them. Ever.

Going up the elevator isn't so bad. Pressure decreases when you go up. But going down? Yeah. Let's just say that I'm not leaving this floor until I'm walking out at the end of the day. I'm not subjecting myself to the vindictive fairy's tiny hammer more times than I absolutely have to.

Good thing I like life right now. Otherwise it would be a lot harder to laugh at this. :)

I promise, life isn't that bad at the moment, though. I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I'm feeling pretty content again, thanks to an amazing Sunday. I'll see if I can find a way to make the mundane everyday stuff I'm doing at work now sound interesting. Look for it coming to a blog post near you.

2 comments:

Marcy Jackson said...

Ahh....you're just getting ready for Christmas time bomber fly overs! (name that movie!?) oxoxox

Qait said...

Lynnae, I love your blog, and I love you! I need to not read while nursing Scarlett, because that always leaves me one-handed and unable to comment!
I can relate to how you've felt in your down moments as well as your up moments. And it makes me ache with how much I miss you.
I hope your visit soon will be just as healing for you as I'm sure it will be for me! Even while you're happy!
<3Q