Life was never meant to be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
12 October 2011
Off My Groove
Yes that's right. My groove has been thrown off. Off, I tell you!
I left my memory foam pillow of heavenliness at Qait's house last week and ever since then, my sleep has been weird, my dreams have been weirder, and my entire routine has been about two steps off. I'm this close to throwing my current sub-par pillow out the window because I can't stand not sleeping anymore.
And, because my sleep patterns are weirder than they've ever been in my life, my immune system took the opportunity to crash, so I've really been off my game this week.
Sorry. This isn't a rant-fest. But in case you've been wondering why I seemingly dropped off the face of the planet (*cough* Sorry, Mom), that's why.
On the other hand, my circumstances gave me an opportunity to use a clip from Emperor's New Groove, and that is always a happy thing.
And to be fair, I've also been able to see some God-given mercies in my life the past couple of days, because I'm still surprisingly functional when I finally get to work every day. It's just the before and after parts that are suffering. A deep apology to my friends who wanted to make plans with me this week. I promise I'm not that flaky.
But I'll be telling the absolute truth when I say that I'm looking forward to having my pillow back. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you climbed back on the edge of the planet! I hope the pillow gets back to you soon! ("blo blo mommy")
Post a Comment