Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

05 October 2011

In Other News...

Geez, Lynnae. Do you ever talk about anything besides work these days? You sound like a workaholic.

Departing from the trend of the last many posts, here's an update on my personal life:

...

...

...

...

...

...

Okay, so I don't really have one. Or at least, not one that would satisfy all those people who are curious about the boys sweeping me off my feet, or wildly fulfilling nights out with the girls. To be honest, even though I've adjusted to the schedule and the (positive!) emotional wear-down of my job, I'm still pretty worn out at the end of the day. I'd much rather curl up on my bed with a book than go out and play.

I did see Qait and her family during conference weekend. It was wonderful. As comfortable as being with my own family. Mom Boatright and I snuggled up together for a little while during the Sunday morning session. Whenever I could, I stole Scarlett away from her adoring mother. Not exactly easy. Qait is a very loving, dedicated mother. She loves holding Scarlett (and I love watching her hold Scarlett, to be honest). But I got some time to play with her, too.

That sweet little baby such a talker. She coos and burbles and smiles at you the instant you bend over to play with her. I'm sure she's telling us marvelous stories that we can't understand. (And sneaky Aunt Lynnae whispered to her that she should grow up to be a storyteller and a world-famous author when Mom wasn't around.)

Later, while Qait was sleeping, Scarlett started to fuss, so I picked her up and carried her around, soothing her until she finally drifted off to sleep. When I was sure she wouldn't wake, I finally sat down in the rocking chair and listened to the rest of conference, enjoying the tingly feeling of my arm falling asleep underneath her. Funny how much I liked a sensation that's normally considered uncomfortable. I blame those cute little baby sounds she made as she slept.

Okay, so Lynnae lives for work and her best friend's kids. That's a real thrilling single-girl life.

I did have a date-ish-thing last Thursday. A guy in the ward called me up and asked if I'd like to go get some ice cream with him. We ate delicious frozen custard and played Set (heh. I won. But he put up a good fight.) on the table while we finished our ice cream. It was nice to go on a date again. Between finishing classes, graduating, and moving, I haven't had much of a dating life for several months.

Apparently I'm not a lost cause. :)

1 comment:

Marcy Jackson said...

It's okay for THE most amazing job and Ender and Scarlett to be your love life right now! You could do worse! Don't forget to enjoy this phase....it will never really come again and it is SO short! oxox OO