Well, thanks to a priesthood blessing and about a gallon of water per day, the Cold Fairy is booted out on its butt and off to plague somebody else (I just hope it's not bothering anyone I know). Which means that, for the last couple of days of work at least, I actually had the chance to genuinely enjoy my work.
And I do. Proofreading tends to be more tedious than other forms of editing, but I'm finding that I don't mind it at all. In fact, there's something really soothing in the steady rhythm and routine of proofreading.
And I'm just really glad to be back at work. Aside from the income and the chance to get out of the house, working adds structure to my life. It's a time-tested truth that most people who work tend to be more efficient overall, and that is 100% true for me. I use my down time more wisely when I'm working full days, because I have less time to do everything else in, and I actually tend to be more productive. I love it.
I paid a visit to the Ensign staff toward the end of last week, since they're on the floor below where I work now, and it felt like coming home. From the chorus of "Oh my gosh, who let you back in with a badge?!" to the hugs and congratulations to the "So did you get married yet?" questions, it felt great. I feel like I owe them everything, because I never would have had this current---and very rewarding---job opportunity if it hadn't been for them.
All in all, I'm happy, healthy, and content with life. Thanks for all of your prayers and support on my behalf. It really did make a difference.
1 comment:
So happy for you Lynnae!
Post a Comment