So, after many years of deliberation, I think I finally have a favorite hymn.
This is, incidentally, also one of my favorite arrangements of it.
I love this hymn for many reasons. For one, it brings back some very beautiful memories of Tunnel Singing at BYU (yes, yes, I did it. Just not as a freshman). For another, we sang a simply gorgeous arrangement of it for the Davis County Conference. I was singing in the choir, and we had the once in a lifetime opportunity to sing from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir seats in the Conference Center. Singing this song to all of those people was a sacred experience. That was also the day that the Lord let me know that it was time to go through the temple, so everything about that day has become so much more special to me.
Through all of my ups and downs, this song has always brought me peace. It has also always filled me with a profound sense of gratitude for a Heavenly Father who is constantly trying to draw me nearer to Him. I am so blessed.
1 comment:
That is a MOST beautiful arrangement of that song. Thanks! It made my day after a long week at girls camp with blaring "music" that the girls all love!! (may I never hear Justin Beiber or Tayor Swift again....for a long time!)
Post a Comment