Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

07 July 2012

Symptoms

Sunburn.
Torn up feet.
Aching muscles (All. Over.)
Dirt under the fingernails.
Ruined pedicure.
Bruised knees.
Scratched arms.
Bug bites.
Hair smelling of campfire and lakewater.
A s'mores-and-burgers food baby.
Compulsive napping.

Doctor's diagnosis: Obviously the aftereffects of a run in with the AwesomeWardCampout virus. Activities that may induce this virus include, but are not limited to: Rock climbing, hiking, falling in the stream, running across gravelly beaches, diving into chilly reservoirs, getting thrown off a floating trampoline, pigging out on bonfire food, and generally doing all kinds of awesome things with others in a ward campout setting.

Bonus: I racked up a few Epicness Points on this trip for being the first girl up the boulders at the waterfall, and the first one to sprint over the beach and dive into the reservoir.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted, my body is plotting a riot in protest, and I need food more substantial than marshmallows in a desperate way, but I haven't been this happy-tired in a long time. Well worth all the box-elder bugs crawling on me all night.

To bed now. Happy sleeping!

1 comment:

Qait said...

Eugh. I'm too girly to get QUITE so down and dirty with camping! But that all does sound like awesome fun! I would have joined you, really. I just wouldn't have been RUNNING and DIVING into the reservoir with you. ;)