Confession: I reread my own writing. Often. Possibly out of a combination of reminiscence, evaluation, and vanity.
And I did it tonight.
See the timestamp?
Crap.
Crapcrapcrap.
Normally, 12:15am? Not such a big deal. Except that graduation from college seemed to have instantaneously turned me into a little old lady who cannot function on less than 7 hours of sleep. My days of running full-tilt on 3 hours of sleep? Long gone.
I was going back through some very old posts on my blog and suddenly noticed the time. Poop.
Incidentally, when I turn my alarm on on my phone, it tells me how many hours and minutes I have until the alarm goes off. That "6 hours and 5 minutes" note is mocking me right now.
And of course, I had to blog about it. Because going straight to bed would be way too sensible for my track record tonight.
Yep. It's awesome. (Not.)
Peace out. I'm going to bed for reals this time.
Oh, and I wasted my landmark 300th post on this entry. Thought you should know. No epic landmark-occasion posts for you. You'll just have to wait for 400. :P
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Graduation did that to me too!!! Seriously, I'd rather curl up in a ball and cry than try to be functional on the level of sleep I used to get.
Yay! I'm not the only one who can't survive on very little sleep! Hahaha.
I reread my writing too. I think it's because I worry about the message being put together correctly, but it's also because my editing happens better when I can see everything laid out (that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I guess I read differently when it looks "published").
Post a Comment