Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

12 October 2012

Little Blessing in a Big Package

So, a couple of weeks ago, I was having the crummiest day ever. I don't really remember why. I just felt super bummed out by life, and the only thing I wanted was my daddy.

Sometimes a girl just needs her dad.

But I knew that I wouldn't see him until Christmas. Its not like I can just drive down the road and see him. Something about knowing that it would be three-plus months until I saw him was just unbearable. I was just going to have to cry my eyes out and sort through my fractured emotions on my own.

Then, suddenly, I got a text from my dad. He had a short-notice business trip to Utah the next week, totally out of the blue. It was pretty much an overnight thing, and he'd only be able to see me for a short time, but he would be in Utah for one night.

The benefits of such a business trip for him aside, it felt like an answer to a prayer I hadn't even really prayed. Almost like the Lord was saying, "Here, Lynnae, I know you're having a hard time and you need your father. Let me bring him to you."

And bring him He did. My dad had so many meetings that I only had a couple of hours with him in all, but those couple of hours made all the difference. I may have talked my dad's ear off, but he listened kindly and gave me advice and reassurance.

Here's the thing about my relationship with my dad: neither of us may have the answers, but he always makes me feel like I can take on anything. His life is filled with small miracle after small miracle. He has so much faith in the Lord. He's so patient and understanding,and it helps me to be better at it, too.

I still haven't really figured anything out. I haven't made any major breakthroughs, but that doesn't matter. My life is in the hands of Someone who loved me enough to give me a tiny miracle in a dad-sized package, just because I was cracking under the pressure.

The Lord sometimes makes us wait for answers that we really want, and the waiting is always worth it, but I love that He never fails to give us reassurance and comfort in the meantime. Even if it means flying a girl's father out to see her because she needed him.

No comments: