Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

10 October 2012

Me? Who the Heck Is That?

You know how guys often say that it drives them crazy because they don't know what goes on in a girl's mind? Yeah. Try being us. We're trapped in those confusing minds 24/7.

Ever have that nagging feeling that there's something about someone that you should know, but you haven't figured it out yet? I feel that way.

...

about myself.

I mean, I know a lot about myself. Obviously. I'm kind of stuck with me all the time.

But recently, I've had this nagging feeling that I have some kind of untapped potential, some hidden talent that I've never really bothered to develop because it's never come up. In the wake of accomplishing some major life goals, I feel like there's something else that I need to work on. Problem is, I have no idea what it is.

You know what I mean?

Don't worry. I have no idea, either.

Maybe there's this deeply buried domestic goddess who wants to explode outward. Or my long-stifled write-and-publish-a-book dreams. A world traveler? Concert pianist?

I've had some friends tell me that they loved being single because they finally had time to take up piano lessons, or learn to snowboard, or go horseback riding, or take a ballet class. All those unfulfilled ambitions. My problem? I don't really have any unfulfilled ambitions. Maybe I just lack ambition in general, but I never minded not learning the piano, or never taking ballet lessons. I never wanted to be a gymnast, or an astronaut. All the things I really wanted to do, I've either done or decided that I didn't actually want to do them as badly as I thought I did.

Granted, I've never been to Narnia or Hogwarts, but since those aren't real...

Don't mind me rambling. I'm thinking out loud (well, sort of. I'm thinking publicly, at least---for better or worse)

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Ba ha ha! Concert pianist??? You??? Do you even know how to play chopsticks?
(this is me mocking your unfulfilled potential, in case you couldn't figure that out).

What you really want to do is learn to sing, dye your hair pink with ice highlights and whack a guitar on the floor.

You also want to learn to knit.

You want to start a talk show entitled EYHOO (Eat Your Heart Out, Oprah), and you can open each episode with a wide-eyed, slightly deranged grin as you wave at frantically at the audience yelling, "EYHOO! EYHOO! EYHOOOOOOO!!!!!" (That last one stands for, "Eat your heart out, Oprah Oprah Oprah Oprah Oprah Oprah.)

You want to ride a snow leopard.

You want to learn an Irish jig that you can perform in Northern China.

You want to dislocate your right pinky nail.

You want to charm a snake using Lucky Charms.

You want to build a death-ray powered on scalloped potatoes.

Really, Lynnae! The world is your white board! Your imagination is your dry erase marker!!! Go ahead. Sniff that imagination marker!!! Get high on this world!!!

Qait said...

What an interesting spot to be in! I hope it doesn't drive you crazy. :) It will be interesting to see how this resolves!