Sorry I've been gone for so long. This is probably the first time it actually has been a long time, and not just my skewed guilt about it being *gasp!* a whole week since I last wrote.
My excuse? I've been figuring stuff out.
I've been living life about three months at a time since last August and, unfortunately, it took its toll. I got sick of not having any answers and decided to be miserable about it. So yeah. I didn't write. Why write when you only feel gloomy about everything?
(Which totally just reminded me of a quote my mom loves: "I'd love to be a glow worm because glow worms are never glum. How can you be gloomy when the sun shines out your bum?" Suddenly my day is that much better. Something about that quote makes me smile every time.)
Okay, back on topic. So I just didn't write. I tried. I really did.
But thanks to the WORSTDATEEVER last weekend, I decided I was done being miserable and that I wanted to be happy. It sounds counterintuitive, but I promise it makes sense. At least, it will when I tell you the story, which I promise to. It's coming next. My organized brain doesn't like multi-topic posts because then I can never find the story again. So my worst date ever story gets its own post.
But what you need to know right now is that 1) my dad is the smartest man ever. Who needs a guru on a mountain when you have a genius father on speed dial? 2) I still have no answers to anything about my future, but at the moment, I only care a little bit, which a long step in the right direction from being so flustered about it that I couldn't cope with anything. 3) I've learned that I have some really devoted friends who never let me forget that they love me, even if it means they come over almost every night, despite my protests, just so that I have someone to talk to. Suddenly I have pseudo roommates who eat with me, watch movies with me, but never sleep over. And 4) I'm pretty darn content with life right now. (Incidentally, that means my fortune cookie from yesterday actually told me the truth. Awesome.)
More to come soon.
My excuse? I've been figuring stuff out.
I've been living life about three months at a time since last August and, unfortunately, it took its toll. I got sick of not having any answers and decided to be miserable about it. So yeah. I didn't write. Why write when you only feel gloomy about everything?
(Which totally just reminded me of a quote my mom loves: "I'd love to be a glow worm because glow worms are never glum. How can you be gloomy when the sun shines out your bum?" Suddenly my day is that much better. Something about that quote makes me smile every time.)
Okay, back on topic. So I just didn't write. I tried. I really did.
But thanks to the WORSTDATEEVER last weekend, I decided I was done being miserable and that I wanted to be happy. It sounds counterintuitive, but I promise it makes sense. At least, it will when I tell you the story, which I promise to. It's coming next. My organized brain doesn't like multi-topic posts because then I can never find the story again. So my worst date ever story gets its own post.
But what you need to know right now is that 1) my dad is the smartest man ever. Who needs a guru on a mountain when you have a genius father on speed dial? 2) I still have no answers to anything about my future, but at the moment, I only care a little bit, which a long step in the right direction from being so flustered about it that I couldn't cope with anything. 3) I've learned that I have some really devoted friends who never let me forget that they love me, even if it means they come over almost every night, despite my protests, just so that I have someone to talk to. Suddenly I have pseudo roommates who eat with me, watch movies with me, but never sleep over. And 4) I'm pretty darn content with life right now. (Incidentally, that means my fortune cookie from yesterday actually told me the truth. Awesome.)
More to come soon.
1 comment:
Ah so, tell what fortune cookie say before new bad fortune come from Chinese mama.....
Post a Comment