Watching Merlin with Aisley, who seems to love the show for everything that got me hooked on it in the first place. It's like watching it for the first time all over again.
Finally, finally getting to The Mark of Athena after having to reread the two books before it because I couldn't remember anything that happened in them. I read them too fast. I will take my time on this one, so that I don't have to do this again when the next one comes out.
A call from my dad (who's been my own knight in shining armor the last few weeks, if you couldn't tell) just to double check and make sure that I'm doing well.
A blind date recommendation from my best friend's dad. He's very picky about men who are good enough to date his daughters (or in my case, his surrogate daughters) and apparently this one has won his respect. That he wants me to meet him, well, that reminds me that he wants the best for me, which is always a wonderful thing to know.
My nap was refreshing and rejuvenating today. I'd been feeling a little bit fragile today and I curled up in bed, listening to some peaceful music. Next thing I know, I'm waking up and feeling a million times better.
A friend who is just as touchy/cuddly as I am and knows exactly how tightly to hug me whenever she sees me.
A Spirit-filled Sunday. Lots of little reminders that I'm loved by an incredible Father in Heaven, who never gets tired of telling me that He loves me.
An email from my wonderful missionary brother who, somehow, even though he's a thousand miles away, knew exactly what to say to make my day a thousand times better. I can't wait to have him back in six months.
A long walk and talk with a longtime friend and coworker (a few days ago) that reminded me that the Lord puts people into our lives to bless us, whether they're serving us or we're serving them. Usually it's both.
Venting pent-up frustration by singing at the top of my lungs in the car. I don't do it that often, but it feels good when I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment