Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

18 February 2011

Life in Summary

Hello blog world! Again, sorry for my "vacation" from blogging. Too bad I didn't have anything as nice as a real vacation to explain my absence. I've just been caught up in homework and rereading one of my favorite book series.

Granted, that can be a kind of vacation in and of itself. Especially since sometimes, I get so sucked into it that I forget I'm still in the real world. I kid you not. I was reading about a drought in one, a terrible terrible drought, and they were trying to save the trees by conserving water and using it on the root systems as much as they could. Then, suddenly, my roommate and one of her friends walks into the room, the friend asks for a drink, and my roommate, jokingly, replies, "no." Said friend replies ironically, "mm hm, can't waste any of that precious water, can we?"

My first thought was "NO! We can't! We need it for... wait..." Fortunately for me, my filter was fully functioning and nothing I thought actually came out my mouth. I just turned back to my book and buried my nose in it in self-realized mortification. Only to be sucked back in again and happily off on grand adventures once more.

*sigh* I love reading.

It's just hard to have to fit it in around everything else. Midterms (which I actually have, so I feel a bit bad about gloating around other people that I didn't. But! It's only one. And only for one class. Woot.), some bibliographic essay thingy that I really should do the research for, and keeping up with the endless amount of things to do in my magazine class. Also, I'm putting entries from this blog into a book for one of my InDesign projects, since it's sort of been doubling as my journal and I'd like to have a hard copy. So all of my more journal-esque entries have been selected to be added to said book.

Other than that, life is painstakingly normal. Nothing really new to report. Oh wait, except that I managed to really tick off this guy who was interested in dating me. That was interesting. In as few words as possible: he rushed me, I got flustered, I acted without thinking and fell off his little pedestal he'd put me on (you know how knights in shining armor may or may not fall off their horses sometimes? Yeah, same idea) and poof. It was all over within a week. And he's dating someone else now.

You know, the whole story kind of makes me laugh. Which maybe it shouldn't, but it does. I apparently don't handle things well when I feel rushed or pressured, but that's probably all for the best, then. If it hadn't been one thing, it would have inevitably been something else with said guy.

So yeah. That's a brief update on my life. In other news, I'm actually up early and have time to write before going to campus this morning, which is impressive, since I had a rather epic battle with my alarm this morning (part of it in my dreams, which made it correspondingly more epic in my head). Note to self, doubling my alarm does not, in fact, help me get up any earlier. It just make my dreams more wacky as I try my hardest to shut the dang thing up without entirely waking.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

You know, I don't think I even heard your alarm this morning. I woke up at 8:05 wondering why MY alarm didn't go off. I still have no idea why. :)

By the way, I'm really wanting to watch that Julian Smith video you posted. Unfortunately, I'm in class. So I can't. But I want to. Oh darn.

Qait said...

So what was the book? You're killing me!

I love it when that happens with books. In fact, I love books so much that if some days I'm a Lazy Mommy, it's totally justifiable if it's because I was reading. No guilt!
Seriously, I love it that much.

Doubling my alarm doesn't work either. I have to start talking to wake up, otherwise it's a long and painful battle.

(And MAN, I HATE it when the alarm tangles with my dreams! Get me out! It's like the helplessness I imagine drugs bring on. *shudder*)