Go figure. Right when I need a brilliant expose on the unity and diversity of South Africa, my ability to write goes completely caput. Which leaves me sitting here, staring at the 200 words I've written, wishing that the remaining 400 words would just write themselves. Because I seem to have run out of anything to say. Also, as a writer, it's frustrating to feel like I've "lost my voice" so to speak. Those 200 words I have written? They sound nothing like me. So that's also frustrating. Maybe I'll resort to something like this. It seems the only option I have left.

2 comments:
Sometimes, in cases like this, it's easier to start over, and things go a little more smoothly for the next round.
Then again, we all know you don't have much time to write anyway, let alone rewrite!
(argh, my phone is going crazy, and I can't put my cursor after the word hide, so... I will just be done here)
Good luck, cutie. ;) your voice is a hard one to hide
I heard a really good poet the other day a ta reading series give a tip for overcoming writer's block: when she gets writer's block, she goes and reads poetry that really inspires her. Then, her own voice flows easily.
It worked for me too - after the reading, I jotted down a poem or two, and hadn't for months before that.
Just a thought, and good luck! Call me if I can give you any specifics!
Post a Comment