Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

27 June 2011

Not-so-Deep Thoughts

Ah! I have so many thoughts running around in my head right now. Thanks to my beloved old American History teacher from high school and his recent facebook message to me and a couple other old Mormon students of his. I love talking to him, because he challenges me to think in ways that I'm not used to. It's cool. Especially since he does listen to our perspective, even if he doesn't agree with us.

However, thanks to him, most of the ideas running around in my head are too complicated to spit out in a blog post.

So I'll just stick with some good news: I passed my last two classes!

Not that I was worried about it. I did extremely well in both of them, but I had that secret fear that, by some fluke, I'd missed something or bombed the final paper and failed one or both classes and, since summer term has already started, I wouldn't be able to get in to fulfill the requirements before my graduation. I know. It's silly. But I was mildly worried about it.

But I got two As. :D

So now, for absolute reals this time, I have 120.5 credits, a surprisingly good GPA (considering past scholastic struggles), all fees paid, and I will most definitely be graduating on August 12th. There isn't anything negotiable about it anymore, and that is so nice to know.

So for the next two months, I'm kicking back and working. No more tuition. No more exams. No more ridiculous research papers. I know I've said all of that before, but DO YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME IT FEELS????? It feels like surf and sand between my toes, wind in my hair, and 100% freedom.

And going to work for the Ensign in the fall? Yes, my friends, dreams do come true, and they are worth all of the crap we put up with trying to get to them.

I've never been so happy.

2 comments:

Marcy Jackson said...

Ohhhh....I sure hope you love that "freedom" that comes with loan payments, car payments, bills, rent, utility bills, airplane trips home, lavish gifts for your parents and siblings, and everything else that "freedom" from college creates!!!

But in all truth....it is a grand adventure you have in front of you, no matter how many drains there are to the pocketbook!!! (our pocketbook hasn't stopped draining since before you were born!!)

Try not to let your mom and dad put too much of a damper on your floaty feelings!! We are SOOO excited for you!!

oxoxoxox OOOO

Qait said...

Ah! Someday I will have the luxury of knowing that graduation feeling, too. ;)
I'm catching up on your blog and may not comment, but I'm reading you! :D