Planking. The latest fad. Well, in Australia. And it's actually a little outdated, because it has since been superseded by "the new planking": cone-ing. Curious about it? Allow me to show you:
I love people. They do the dumbest things sometimes. Granted, the ab strength it takes to hold some of those "planks" is really impressive when you think about it. Anyway, we watched this at work (because, when one is sitting in front of a computer all day, even the most mundane distraction is exhilarating) and Scott decided right then and there that he needed to get in on this planking craze. So he set the webcam on the Baby Mac, jumped on the counter across the room, and took this:
...just as our sort-of boss Greg walked around the corner. Just imagine it. You're walking down the hall, minding your own business, when suddenly, one of your employees leaps across the room, clatters on top of a desk, and then face-plants himself there, holding the pose for some reason that you can't possibly fathom.
He had the most perfect "what the..." face I have ever seen, muttered, "I'm afraid to ask..." and walked away, while Kaylie and I laughed so hard we cried.
Then Scott persuades us to do it too. Criticize me if you want, but I gave in to the peer pressure, then helped him convince Kaylie to do it, too. That done, we decided to spice things up just a tad more and took this picture, which now hangs proudly in our office:
Our boss Jessika tells us that we are ridiculous. She's probably right. But really now. It's summer. We're cooped up in a windowless room for 6-8 hours a day. What do you expect us to do? Sometimes, our youthful energy just has to release with a bang.
She should be grateful we didn't decide to use her desk for some extra kicks.
And in case you were wondering, this is why I still love my job. The actual work is often boring, but the people are fun.


3 comments:
My favorite part is the newscasters having a terrible time keeping their composure when they come back on with a guy dead planked on their huge desk!! Much more entertaining than USA news people!! and ya gotta love the accent!
Fav part of the VIDEO! of your blog I do like the faceless blue shirt sleeping on the desk!
That is funny! Oh boy...that is the ONE reason (truly) that I've thought I couldn't be a newscaster-- I laugh so much. But maybe I'd have a chance in Australia! :D
(Um, that is if I actually wanted to be an anchorman or something, which I don't at present).
You guys are silly! I'm glad you manage to have fun in a windowless office. I think I'd die.
Or plank.
Post a Comment