Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

30 June 2011

Booked

Today is Thursday. That means it's the end of my work week. I'm so excited to get started on what will probably be the last un-booked weekend of my summer.

Oh yeah, I might have forgotten to mention all the cool things I'm doing this summer.

Next weekend: Camping with the ward. Co-ed! Yay! Camping is always more fun with boys (last year, they wouldn't let us camp together, but we got boys anyway, because my now-ex-boyfriend decided it would be fun to four-wheel across the Wasatch Front from Provo Canyon to Hobble Creek Canyon, and they found us there).

Mini rant: I find the objections to co-ed camping (on a ward level) a little bit ridiculous and here's why: if I wanted to get up to some hanky-panky (yes, I just said that), I would NOT do it when I was surrounded by tons of other people staying up all night or dozing in non-sound-proof tents. I would be far more likely to get into trouble in the quiet of my own apartment or in a car. CLARIFICATION: I have no temptation to get up to any kind of trouble while I'm single. I promise. But if I were less good than I am, and had half a brain, a large-group campout would be the last place I'd try anything. /rant

Note: My argument holds considerably less water when applied to a small group of single friends going camping without responsible chaperones. I don't agree with that. 

48 hours (ish) after the ward campout: Lake Powell with my extended fam. Words cannot express how excited I am for this. Or how much packing I still have to do. But my uncle is awesome and agreed to help cover whatever costs I can't afford, because he'd rather have me there than have me miss out. (I love my family.) I'll be gone for a week, skiing, camping, swimming, boating, and playing in the sun. I'll also be carting along about a gallon of sunblock to protect my delicate red-headed skin, which I inherited from my red-headed mother. Hopefully the sunburn I got this week will help a little bit, too.

Once I get back, I'll be launching immediately into packing up all my stuff and moving it to Bountiful. Because yeah, I'm moving to Bountiful. I found a place with an older couple who are willing to rent their basement to me, and they live super close to the bus stop so that I can get to work at the Church Office Building (for the Ensign internship! ^_^).

After that, I graduate, get kicked out of my apartment, and couch-surf for two weeks while I finish up things at work.

If you want me on the weekends, you might have to bargain something valuable.

Although, for a charming man, I may make exceptions. ;)

No comments: